Seen any good movies lately? I recently went to see Bridesmaids - very funny. But you know what wasn't funny - the price!
Here are some quick tips to save money at the movies:
- Go to matinee movies or weeknight movies. You can get great deals on movies on times other than Friday and Saturday nights.
- Purchase movie gift cards online, ahead of time and you will often score extra savings. For instance, buy Fandango e-gift cards and earn free cash back rewards; then redeem the gift card at your favorite theatre when they offer a special deal.
- Cheap movie theatres. Checkout your local cheap theatre, many of these theatres play second run movies really fast; and some movies bomb so bad at the box office, they are at the cheap theatre in weeks after the release date.
- Buy hot, not cold. Movie snacks are so expensive. Buy "hot stuff" like popcorn or hot dogs at the theatre; but bring your own "cold snacks", candy, water, etc. Just hit the 7-11 before you go to the theatre and you'll save more than 50%. (kids hate this, but too bad .. we are Mom's & our job is to save money!!)
- Freebies = contests. There are so many ways to win free movie tickets. Keep a look out in your local paper, on the radio or local news, online at the actual theatre and at local tourism locations.
A little bit of planning and research can really help you save money at the movies. Do you have any other tips to save money at the movies? Please comment and share with all the Social Moms.