Creating the illusion of a radiant I’ve Just Been To The Caribbean glow without scalding your skin is true cosmetic genius. I turned to makeup master ANDREW SOTOMAYOR to get his take on how to score that golden glow without leaving your bathroom. Sotomayor, who works tends to the faces of Kerry Washington, Alicia Silverstone, Nina Garcia & Natasha Bedingfield is known for his natural touch and ability to luminize the most sallow complexion. His clients have appeared on Project Runway, The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Today Show, Live with Regis & Kelly, The CBS Early Show, Good Day New York, The Rachael Ray Show, CNN, and The Tony Awards. Says Sotomayor, “There are many ways to get a sun-kissed glow without hitting the beach. Here are my favorite products to inject radiance to your face and body! “
1. Sunless Tanner - Sunless tanner is still the best way to look that summer glow without making making you look older faster. New products offer a better color and a smoother application. Dry patches of skin absorb more product so tan right after a shower and prepare skin with a bit of lotion on the knees, elbows, feet, and hands. After that rub tanner all over and wait to dress until it's dry. For the body, try Flash Bronzer body gel face, and for the face try Flash Bronzer Anti-Age, both by Lancome.
2. Body Bronzer - If you like the look of a sunless tan, but are afraid to commit, try Sublime Bronze One Day Tinted Gel by Loreal. Not a sunless tanner, this is a liquid body bronzer that we actually used behind the scenes at Project Runway. Massage the bronze tinted gel all over till it's dry. The color washes off completely in the shower.
L'OREAL Sublime Bronze One day, $10.79
3. Sultry Shimmer - For a sizzling body shimmer, I recommend Red Carpet Kolour. It's a total celeb favorite and WON'T rub off on clothes. Use it alone to highlight collar bones and make legs look longer. You can even mix it with an oil-free liquid foundation to for super smooth legs, truly worthy of an awards show.
4. Skin Tints - Summer months are the best time to show some skin, and that includes your face. Choose sheer products that give you color with less coverage, like tinted lip balms and tinted moisturizers. Tarte Lip Pencils now come offer color, shine and shimmer in bright colors for on the go, and Kiehl's Tinted Moisturizers offer skincare and a glowing complexion in one step. For added dewy finish, dab all over with a wet foundation sponge.
5. Jewel Toned Eye Shadows - To beat the summer heat casual looks are always in, but to dress down with out looking drab, you've got to accessorize. Jewel toned eye colors are your best accessories for looking fab. Jewel tones shadows like rich copper, turquoise, or bright purple look bright but sophisticated as accent in the inner or outer corners of the eyes, or as a smudged eyeliner. Try the Bronze Azure summer color collection by Lancome.