Jeannie Mai, host of the Style Network’s “How Do I Look?”, Yoplait Light spokesperson and correspondent for NBC's upcoming series "Fashion Star" gives you her take on the best looks from this year’s Emmy red carpet. The fashion guru has also teamed up with Yoplait Light to show women how simple swaps – from fashion to food – can really make a difference, and offers more swapping advice at www.Facebook.com/Yoplait.
Here’s Jeannie’s top picks and tips!
- Easy ways for anyone to get red carpet ready
- Glam can be anything from a bold lip, a colored eyeliner, a statement necklace, or a dress that's long and flowy. When in doubt, swap it out. If you feel the need to step up your style even more for a spotlight, do so by swapping in any of the above, and don't forget shimmery skin always does the trick. Check out www.Facebook.com/Yoplait for more swapping tips!
- Best Dressed
- Kelly Osbourne: There’s a new Sheriff of the Fashion Police. And it’s Kelly Osborn in this dress.
- Maria Bello-Hello, Maria Bello! She sparkled like the sun in her gown, showing us how to lead with beads.
- Sophia Vegara: What a body hottie! She did her thang in Vera Wang. This Colombian knows how to smuggle those curves into the country.
- Nina Dobrev: Instead of Emmys they should be handing out Nina Dobrevs in this dress. Her body was obviously poured into that Donna Karan creation.
- Best Hair
- Nina Dobrev took a stunning gown and made it unbelievable with her hair, swooping it to one side to showcase her clavicle. No wonder she has so many vampires after her.
- Best Makeup
- Kate Winslet wrote the bible to best makeup in a ravishing red gown. All too often women feel the need to take the red from the look to the lips. Here she glows with pearlescent skin, flawless lined eyes, and a marigold nude lip.
- Best Accessories
- Rachel Harris rocked one of my favorite accessories, glasses. They’re an everyday stable but somehow on the red carpet it gives you that touch of edge.
- Jane Lynch taught us a lesson on accessories. Where you’re going with a basic strapless dress, you need to finish it off with a statement necklace. I felt cheated by her bare neckline.
- Best use of color:
- Colbie Smulders showed us the light with her coral Alberta Ferretti & Neil Lane gown. She stood out in this evening’s red sea with a perfect shade of blue.
- Alan Cumming gave us something different to look at. He showed that men can stand out on the red carpet as well by pairing a tradition top with some orange Jean Paul Gaultier pants. Nobody looked cooler.