green cleaning service as opposed to a traditional service with 77 percent who say they would choose a green alternative over a traditional cleaning product. Their main concern? Fifty-one percent say they would or do use green products to protect their family’s health.
Based on this information, Maid Brigade developed Green Clean Certified® standards and a training program for all Maid Brigade cleaning team members that ensures the healthiest cleaning methods available are being used consistently. This includes being the first household cleaning services company to introduce VapurClean® Advantage, a dry steam vapor cleaning method that utilizes absolutely no chemicals as part of the cleaning process. The company is testing this revolutionary new technology in select markets across the U.S. This green cleaning approach penetrates deep within the surface pores where germs hide and multiply, killing them on contact, and is proven effective against MRSA, avian and swine flues, salmonellas, e.Coli, staph and other infectious diseases.
1. Does the company use cleaning solutions that are recognized and/or certified by Green Seal or a similar, specific or tangible standard? Ask for a list. The safest way to clean involves no chemicals and includes dry steam vapor treatments such as VapurClean™ Advantage offered by Maid Brigade in test markets nationwide.
2. What about vacuums? Are they closed canister, multi-level filtration systems as opposed to conventional upright vacuum cleaners? This will ensure removal of 99.9 percent of all pollen, pet dander, hair, mold, dust, dust mites and other respiratory irritants, which are common asthma and allergy triggers.
3. What about cleaning cloths? Are they reusable microfiber? The special scientific weave of microfiber is so effective that fewer cleaning chemicals are necessary. Do they reduce landfill waste or manufacturing processes? Do they include post-consumer recycled material or organically grown material?
4. What about staff training? Does the staff undergo formal training and certification to properly use green products and procedures? What assurances are provided that every cleaning adheres to these standards? Programs such as Maid Brigade’s Green Clean Certified® program requires all of its franchisees and their cleaning teams to study and become certified because green house cleaning is better for consumer health, better for the maids and better for the
5. Has the company conducted tests to substantiate the health and/or environmental benefits of their total cleaning process? Are they consumer health and wellness advocates? Ask for proof.
“Providing a holistic green cleaning approach is imperative to ensuring every household has the safest and most effective cleaning possible,” commented Marie Stegner, consumer health advocate for Maid Brigade. “Make sure the cleaning services company you choose uses tested and proven methods such as Maid Brigade’s VapurClean® Advantage along with products and equipment that reflect the latest green science and have been tested for health and safety.”