1. PROMOTION: The SocialMoms/Motorola “Commenting Sweepstakes” Random Drawing (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by SocialMoms, (PO Box 884, Ross, CA, 94957) (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes starts on October 3, 2012, and ends at 11:59 PM PST on November 1, 2012 (“Promotion Period”). All applicable federal, state and local rules apply. Void where prohibited. Official rules are found online at this web address.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to win you must: (A) be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia; (B) be at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry; and (C) be a registered user of the www.socialmoms.com website. If 18 is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which entrant resides, entrant must obtain written permission from their parent/legal guardian in order to enter and to be declared a Prize Winner. Employees of Megan Media, LLC (“SocialMoms”), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising agencies, or promotional suppliers or persons involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”) and immediate family member (spouses and parents, children and siblings regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of any such employees are not eligible to enter. Limit one entry per household.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. All qualified submissions from the SocialMoms/Motorola Commenting Sweepstakes are automatically entered into the random drawing. See Section 4 for Alternative Free Entry Method. All comments on the SocialMoms/Motorola Sweepstakes commenting discussion page must comply with the SocialMoms’ Terms of Service located at: http://bit.ly/9BiIYD. Comments that do not comply will be disqualified as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Comments that are offensive, prejudicial, violent, harassing, threatening, profane, misleading, or otherwise objectionable or contrary to the interests of Sweepstakes Entities will be disqualified as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Limit of one (1) entry per person/SocialMoms account/email address. Incomplete, unreadable, garbled, unintelligible or otherwise non-compliant entries will be disqualified. Entrant must be the rightful owner of the SocialMoms account. Entrants are solely responsible for internet connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your internet service provider. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized SocialMoms account holder will be deemed to be the entrant. PLEASE NOTE THAT A HIGH VOLUME OF ENTRIES OR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH THE SYSTEM, MAY RESULT IN TEMPORARY INABILITY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES SUCH THAT YOUR ENTRY IS NOT RECEIVED IN TIME TO PARTICIPATE OR COMMENTS WILL NOT BE RECEIVED. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE SHOULD ANY ENTRIES OR COMMENTS NOT BE RECEIVED DUE TO SUCH DELAYS OR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES.
4. Alternative Free Entry Method: To enter the Sweepstakes using the alternative free entry method, send a post card (postage prepaid) with your name, address telephone number and email address to SocialMoms, PO Box 884, Ross, CA 94957. All entries must be received by November 1, 2012.
5. GRAND PRIZE: One (1) prize of a $100 Babies R Us gift card. Taxes, if any, and all expenses relating to acceptance and use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Total Retail Value of the Prize is $100. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. No substitutions will be permitted, except the Sponsor may make prize substitutions it deems necessary of equal or greater retail value. Prize is not transferable.
6. PRIZE DRAWING/WINNER NOTIFICATION: One (1) Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Winners will be contacted by email on or about November 7, 2012 at the email address provided with SocialMoms account registration to obtain a mailing address for fulfillment of the prize. If the potential Winner does not reply within seventy-two (72) hours after the email is sent, or is deemed ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate randomly selected Winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate Winner, if any.
7. GENERAL: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize that they may win, entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (i) to release the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals’ respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from or in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of any awarded prize, (ii) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, and (iii) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, relative to the quality, condition, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize, express or implied, in fact or in law. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use any Prize Winner’s name, city, state, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval.
8. WAIVER: Released Parties are not responsible for any technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other error of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes, incomplete, lost, late, stolen, damaged, inaccurate, illegible, misdirected, garbled, delayed or undelivered entries; or for technical hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, lost, unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, which may limit an individual’s ability to participate. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant or entry that is in violation of the Official Rules or to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes, and disqualify any implicated entrant(s), (and their entries) if any fraud, virus, actions by entrants, technical or other error or problem of any kind, or any other occurrence corrupts or affects the administration, integrity, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award any prize in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the event or action warranting such cancellation or to take any other action it deems equitable to fairly award any prize. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to any third party failure to act or any actions out of its control, including any act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities, any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, or order of any court or other cause not within Sponsor’s control or concerns regarding the safety of any entrant or winner, or otherwise.
9. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Wisconsin. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Wisconsin, and each Entrant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Each Entrant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Wisconsin. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
11. OFFICIAL RULES AND PRIZE WINNERS: For a copy of these Official Rules or Winners List, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SocialMoms/Motorola "Commenting Sweepstakes", Winner List or Rules, Megan Media LLC, PO Box 884, Ross, CA 94957. Requests must be received by 12/31/12.
Last updated by Megan Calhoun Oct 3, 2012.