Hi Ladies!

I have my own business and am trying to figure out the correct marketing mix to drive people to my website, blog, and generate more sales.

As I am just starting out so my resources are limited. What do you all suggest? As a sidebar what have you all done to drive traffic to your facebook fan page & blog as well?

Tags: WAHM, marketing, placement, product, revenue

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

I join forums online and use a lot of social media outlets, like Facebook, Twitter, My Space, Social Moms, BlogFrog, etc. I join groups on these and post as much as possible. I just find ways that I can get my name out online. I "meet" other work at home moms online and they will offer to post about me on their blog or pass the word onto their friends. I just started my business as a Barefoot Books Ambassador recently so I haven't gotten too many orders. But I am hoping that in the not so distant future, all my work getting my name out will pay off.

I am looking forward to possibly learning more ways to do this, so this discussion is of great interest to me too! Best of luck to you!

Hi Joi,

I agree with what Heather said.  It is hard work getting your name out there, but to me it is fun and I'm hoping that the pay off will soon come. One other suggestion is joining blog hops.  This topic is interesting to me too and I would like to learn more as well. Best wishes to you and your business.

Hi Joi,

The best way to get people to your blog is to be sure to post regularly and be consistent. Make sure your content speaks to your audience and and is giving them value - something that can benefit them. Using social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter are great ways to get started establishing your visibility. Consistency is KEY!

Another important factor is to NOT GIVE UP, it could be slow going in the beginning put the more you share your expertise and increase your visibility online, you will increase your traffic leading to sales. It is a process.

To drive traffic to your fan page...engage your audience. Ask questions, share inspiration and create a sense of community. I would love to take a look at your blog, could you share it with me?

You can get more free social media marketing tips at my blog: http://theceomamma.com

You are a perfect example of how to help people first. I just opened my FB fan page and would love your opinion-literally just opened it up  lol   http://on.fb.me/eK63vz      Would love your like and opinion.  I will also go the CEOmomma.com-I can't wait...

Best,

Lisa

Tamyka Washington said:

Hi Joi,

The best way to get people to your blog is to be sure to post regularly and be consistent. Make sure your content speaks to your audience and and is giving them value - something that can benefit them. Using social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter are great ways to get started establishing your visibility. Consistency is KEY!

Another important factor is to NOT GIVE UP, it could be slow going in the beginning put the more you share your expertise and increase your visibility online, you will increase your traffic leading to sales. It is a process.

To drive traffic to your fan page...engage your audience. Ask questions, share inspiration and create a sense of community. I would love to take a look at your blog, could you share it with me?

You can get more free social media marketing tips at my blog: http://theceomamma.com

Thank you everyone for your responses! I have been super busy working my regular 9-5 and getting my business off the ground. My blog is http://www.joyousfaces.blogspot.com feel free to take a look. It is a blog about skincare, tips & trick geared towards the "Diva on the Go".

I am looking to change my blog and integrate my website.

I also join forums and use twittwe etc. It is definitly a job in and of it's self. Sometimes organizing all the information that comes back to my email takes hours.

Good luck everyone and if you come across new ideas that are free or inexpensive please post!

I basically started sharing my business products and opportunity with my friends and family.  They in turn, shared with people they knew that I did not, and so forth and so on...

Social media is such a HUGE way to contact potentials in other states, and countries.  Good luck to you honey!

Erica Davidson

Arbonne International

Independent Consultant and Area Manager

ericaray_3@Msn.com

662-295-3169

www.arbonne.com/opportunity.asp

I'm in the same boat.  I love seeing your comments.  I've been trying to do many of those things.  I would love to hear about new businesses and would happily post information on my facebook page and blog as well as spread it by word of mouth.  Are there any other moms, would would be interested in doing the same with me?

RSS

Latest Activity

Cheryl Minnis shared Megan Calhoun's event on Twitter
3 hours ago
Profile IconCheryl Minnis, Marcie Parrish, Angela McKinney and 19 other members are attending Megan Calhoun's event
Thumbnail

#eBayMom Twitter Party at Twitter: #eBayMom

April 30, 2014 from 4pm to 5pm
3 hours ago
Profile IconKathy Fisch, annann, Andrea Lindal and 1 more joined Social Moms: the influential moms network
6 hours ago
Megan Calhoun's event was featured
Thumbnail

#eBayMom Twitter Party at Twitter: #eBayMom

April 30, 2014 from 4pm to 5pm
6 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Megan Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service