Tips to be sure you get the Re-tweets:
1) Use RT @yourtwittername and don't exceed 140 characters to ensure you get re-tweeted ( that includes spaces, RT@yourtwittername too!)
2) Use tinyurl.com or bit.ly to shorten the URL of your post. Please be specific in the description.. "read this post or blog" isn't going to get the twitter attention you want.
3) Indicate time-sensitive posts if limited time or one day only sales.
4) Please RT something from everyone. Karma does occur and if you put it out, it will come back to you. If you keep posting and don't RT other tweets, people will stop RTing yours. I know there are newbies out there, just an FYI
5) a program thanks to Cathy Healey, http://www.twaitter.com
. allows you to post everyone's RTs (even the long lists like mine) and schedule them so that they are spread out!
it's really easy, fast and tres cool
Please post your 140 character (or less) message
that you'd like others to tweet about in the Discussion Forum thread "Retweets for the Week". A new discussion with this title will be posted every Sunday so we know which retweets are current.Example: RT @julieFBT Have u declared the American Cancer Society as the official sponsor of your birthday? http://budurl.com/ACSMoreBdays
It can be a new blog post, a product, service, worthy cause, sale, promotion, contest, funny video, new website, an upcoming event...I think you get the idea. :)