CCCHANGES... to make this easier, more fun and because someone else did something that I had been thinking about.. ..
1) Post to the WEEKLY threads please.
If you start a post outside those threads-- it will be copied over and your singular post will be deleted. Read the rules and play according to the rules--- and you will find your stuff retweeted
2) if you want 411 about Triberr.. which is an auto-re-tweeter.. that you can select groups and tribes not only from people here but by topic .. please let me know. They have lots of parenting and specific topic blogs and you can join more than one tribe.
3)Relevancy to your audience has become a topic here.. please read the thread about it.. and think about it.
Because if you are tweeting only things skewed to small children.. and some stuff that I post (and others) might not be completely releveant to you-- there is a LIST that's been created JUST for mom/kid stuff.
Try adding that to your post and that will get you FAR beyond the women on this list but to other mommy bloggers NOT on this site. It's targets your audience better.
4) want to increase people following you? Think about what else you could include as a post or rt of someone else's blog that you would find relevant. (cooking, fashion, health, fitness, travel, books, tv shows )
if you retweet things like that from OTHERS.. not only will you have something different to post but you will be building a bigger broader following and will be doing smart social media tactics
5) 140 characters + spaces .. including RT @yourtwittername
6)If you post something here and want it RT'd.. please RT at least one thing from someone else. I know someone talked about paying it forward-- that sounds easier. paying back is also good... but it's whatever works best for you.
7) if you have a limited time RT please indicate that it has a deadline. Please include a DO NOT POST AFTER XX/XX date..
PLEASE note if you have a time limit. If you are RTing something, please READ the RT to see if there's a time limit. Several have retweeted my stuff lately that's past the deadline and event is over.. (and I got some weird twittter comments about it)..
so pay attention because you don't want me to post something of your going back to June.. do you>?
8) Please do not keep listing the same RTs repeatedly. Either change up your tweet title or alternate weeks that you list them.
When you repeatedly run the same content on Twitter over and over again, Twitter views it as spam and they
can boot you off for running that same content. We don't want that to happen.
If it's a contest, that's not a problem because it ends-- providing that people don't keep RTing it.
However REGULAR posts, should not be RT'd repeatedly every week.
9) please use URL shorteners (hootsuite.com, socialoomph.com, twaitter.com) and
also you can advance schedule posts & TWEETS across the week. -- that's important.
10 ) Please do NOT Post about politically charged topics.
I don't have to explain why do I?
I am not telling you what to post. if your blog is ONLY about moms and small kids-- those whose kids are grown, might not RT your things.. just as you might not RT one of theirs.. so it's something to balance..
11) Others have mentioned this-- Tweet dumping where you post everything at the same time. Twitter calls this spamming
PLEASE use one of the programs where you can schedule the posting of the tweets. you can do them 15 mins apart and get them all done for a week if you want.... including your own.
RT @MissDailyDawn 20% Off All Mugs For Back To School - Limited Time! Use Code: DESKWEEKMUGS http://www.createdbydawn.com
Thanks for the support everyone. Have been tweeting yours too!