When did you go on your first date night after baby?

Okay, so I hit a wall yesterday and told my husband I would really like to go on a date night (without the baby). How old was your baby before you went on your first date night? I feel bad for wanting a mini break, but I am on baby overload at the moment.

Tags: babysitter, date, night

Views: 512

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mis is 5 months old and we still haven't. We do get out with her on a regular basis but we don't have family around so I don't feel comfortable leaving her yet. Luckily she is really patient while we eat in restaurants so it works out well for us. We have an alone date planned next month while on vacation with my parents. :)

We left him for the first time when he was maybe a month old with my parents and grandparents who were in town visiting (we don't have any family in AZ with us). Since then, we've left him with family that has been in town maybe two other times, with close friends of ours twice and with a babysitter once (and she's watching him again in a couple of weeks). He's not even five months old yet. Usually we've had people watch him so that we can attend weddings or work holiday parties, but we've had a couple of "alone" date nights in there, too, which are GLORIOUS.

I don't seem to suffer from the separation anxiety that many  moms have. I tend to worry more about whether he'll be fussy because I don't want the babysitter to have a rough time. I know, I'm probably  not the norm. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE spending time with my kid, I just like going out to a nice dinner with my hubby once a month, too.

I am a big proponent of "a happy mom is a good mom." You need a break. You're only human. You absolutely should NOT feel bad about that. Knowing your limits and taking time for yourself is what makes you a good mom! Go, have fun.

I think my daughter was a little over 2 months old.  She was born the end of October early and we went out NYE that year.  Don't feel bad!  Don't let your children take over your life as it's so easy to do.  :)

Well...I was a single mom by the time I got a date/break, and had moved across the country where my mom lived and was babysitting my baby. I went out to a club and danced like hell, my baby was 1.

My second baby, I was married this time and I'm not sure...actually, I don't really remember, a few months maybe? His mom is very supportive and with neither of us having 'day jobs' we get time alone and so forth so I'm very lucky for that. 

Our first son was 4 months old before we went out.  We had no family around and I was terrified to leave him with a sitter.  My friends convinced me on a sweet lady and from then on we went out at least once a month.
Thanks, Kristy. It sounds like we are in similar situations. We don't have any family around either and I don't feel comfortable with having a babysitter yet. Maybe I can convince my husband for us to take a weekend trip to visit family and sneak out for a few hours while they watch her! :) Have fun next month!

Kristy Figueroa said:
Mis is 5 months old and we still haven't. We do get out with her on a regular basis but we don't have family around so I don't feel comfortable leaving her yet. Luckily she is really patient while we eat in restaurants so it works out well for us. We have an alone date planned next month while on vacation with my parents. :)
Thanks, Lucy. I think I may ask some friends from church if they know of any good sitters. Glad to hear you were able to go out at least once a month.

Lucy said:
Our first son was 4 months old before we went out.  We had no family around and I was terrified to leave him with a sitter.  My friends convinced me on a sweet lady and from then on we went out at least once a month.

Thanks for the advice. I agree too that "a happy mom is a good mom". I think it is time for me to start a babysitter search!
PhaseThreeOfLife said:

We left him for the first time when he was maybe a month old with my parents and grandparents who were in town visiting (we don't have any family in AZ with us). Since then, we've left him with family that has been in town maybe two other times, with close friends of ours twice and with a babysitter once (and she's watching him again in a couple of weeks). He's not even five months old yet. Usually we've had people watch him so that we can attend weddings or work holiday parties, but we've had a couple of "alone" date nights in there, too, which are GLORIOUS.

I don't seem to suffer from the separation anxiety that many  moms have. I tend to worry more about whether he'll be fussy because I don't want the babysitter to have a rough time. I know, I'm probably  not the norm. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE spending time with my kid, I just like going out to a nice dinner with my hubby once a month, too.

I am a big proponent of "a happy mom is a good mom." You need a break. You're only human. You absolutely should NOT feel bad about that. Knowing your limits and taking time for yourself is what makes you a good mom! Go, have fun.

Thanks so much. With your advice along with everyone elses I am starting to not feel as guilty about wanting to have a date night!
Mommies with Cents said:
I think my daughter was a little over 2 months old.  She was born the end of October early and we went out NYE that year.  Don't feel bad!  Don't let your children take over your life as it's so easy to do.  :)
I am so jealous that it sounds like your mom is close by. I wish we had family near to us.

Kristin said:

Well...I was a single mom by the time I got a date/break, and had moved across the country where my mom lived and was babysitting my baby. I went out to a club and danced like hell, my baby was 1.

My second baby, I was married this time and I'm not sure...actually, I don't really remember, a few months maybe? His mom is very supportive and with neither of us having 'day jobs' we get time alone and so forth so I'm very lucky for that. 

With our first, I think we took our baby with us :). You shouldn't feel bad for wanting a mini break; your baby will be fine. I think with our third we left her for 2 hours at 2 months. We went nearby and our sitter called when she got fussy. 

I had such a hard time separating from my first, but with my third I've really enjoyed being a wife too (and she is very well adjusted). I think it makes the experience much more enjoyable from all when you take breaks.

It took me forever to be ready to leave my first, he was a very fussy baby and I just imagined him screaming all night long. By the time I got to out fourth I think I handed him over within a few weeks for a night out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconKathy Fisch, annann, Andrea Lindal and 1 more joined Social Moms: the influential moms network
1 hour ago
Megan Calhoun's event was featured
Thumbnail

#eBayMom Twitter Party at Twitter: #eBayMom

April 30, 2014 from 4pm to 5pm
1 hour ago
Profile IconMarcie Parrish, Angela McKinney, MommyBlogExpert and 46 other members are attending Megan Calhoun's event
Thumbnail

#eBayMom Twitter Party at Twitter: #eBayMom

April 30, 2014 from 4pm to 5pm
4 hours ago
Cheryl posted a status
"Looking forward to connecting with more moms. I love healthy talk!"
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Megan Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service