Weekly Commenting Contest: What is your top tip for Holiday shopping?

What is your top tip for Holiday shopping?

Congratulations to the random winner: Katie Sexton!

By submitting a comment on this page, you will be automatically entered to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card! Have fun! Submit your comments by 11:59pm on 12/8/11 to be entered for a chance to win! Winner will be notified in the Newsletter on 12/12/11.

See Official Rules

Tags: holiday shopping, weekly commenting contest

Views: 441

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Such good advice there!

Ellen C said:

Don't charge it! Buy only what you can afford.

Budget! If you don't have the money right now then don't buy it. It's the Thought that counts not how much you spent on it! People love handmade from the heart. Don't over do it to the point you can't pay your bills.

Don't wait until you are in a rush!  Give yourself enough time to pick a perfect present and the perfect price!

Shop online to avoid crowds, parking, lines, etc...

shop early when the stores first open, especially if you are going to the big discount type stores.  THey are much less busy that way

When you find a good deal any time during the year - snatch it up.  You will be glad when it comes holiday time and you have many things already taken care of!

Know the sales cycles, certain items go on sale at certain times of the year, if you know the sales cycles and shop them year round you'll have way less stress during the holidays!

Look online and compare prices before you go out and make the purchase!!

For the past five years, I have shopped throughout the entire year picking up gifts that I find on clearance or a really good sale. For my online purchases I always use a cash back program and/or free shipping.

After you stuff your face on Thanksgiving, cozy up in your favorite PJs and get ready to shop online! Do some research before midnight, and don't go over your budget. Many stores run their Black Friday deals online too, and the savings are better than Cyber Monday. I've used this plan of attack the past 2 years and I LOVE IT!

Make a list ahead of time, but don't wait until the last minute - there will be loads of people, picked over merchandise, and you run the risk of not finding what you want.

take it easy, don't get stressed!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Megan Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service