In today’s economy, canned food is increasingly important in creating nutritious, affordable and quick meals. Despite its key role in meal preparation, common misperceptions and myths continue to surround canned foods. So, the Canned Food Alliance has teamed up with TwitterMoms to bring you a fun blogging contest to explain the story of canned foods – from the farmer’s field to the family’s dinner table. You could win a great prize pack if you are one of the first 25 to enter. Also, 10 random participants will have the opportunity to host a similar contest on their blog sites and give away a $25 grocery card to their readers!
How it Works
To participate in our blogging contest, just watch the “Canned Food Field to Table” video, then write a blog post on your personal blog sharing your favorite recipe using at least two canned food ingredients. Mention something you learned from the video about the nutritional character and inherent value of canned fruits and vegetables. Install the program widget on your site, and follow all the contest rules below. The first 25 participants to successfully enter the contest will receive a great prize pack! In addition, ten randomly selected moms will also be chosen to host a recipe contest on their own blog sites, and in exchange, will receive a gift pack of their own, and a $25 grocery card to give as a prize to their winners.
Have fun with it! Tell us about your low-fat chili recipe you love to serve during football games, share your grandma’s secret green bean casserole recipe you serve at Thanksgiving, or your favorite southwest quesadilla recipe you serve as an after school snack. Get creative and share photos of your creations as well!
Your recipes and blog posts will be featured on a hub-page for everyone to see at recipes.twittermoms.com!
The blogging contest official starts at 12am PST, February 23rd, and the blogging contest officially ends March 9, 2010 at 11:59 PM ET. The winners will be contacted on or about March 15, 2010.
1. The first 25 participants to successfully enter the contest will win a Canned Food “Starter Pack” which includes a Canned Food Alliance recipe collection and two canned food items that are ingredients in one or more of the recipes.
2. Ten participants will be randomly selected from all qualifying entrants to run a Canned Food recipe contest on their own blog. For their efforts, these ten participants will receive a Canned Food Alliance Gift Bag, and a $25 grocery gift card to award their contest winner at the blog owner's discretion (grocery card to be provided by Canned Food Alliance).
The Canned Food Alliance “Gift Bag” contains:
· Various Canned Food Alliance recipe collection books
· Hand Towel
· Cutting board
· A set of measuring cups
· A set of measuring spoons
· Branded, reusable grocery bag
· Assorted canned foods that coincide with popular recipes or those featured in the recipe books
· Recipe holders
To enter the contest, we ask that you:
1. Watch the Field to Table video: http://www.youtube.com/user/CannedFoodAlliance#p/u/0/mNZr0JajfBA.
2. Install the program widget to your blog site (get widget below).
3. Create a blog post about the video and what you learned as well as your favorite recipe that contains at least two items of canned food.
4. Include at least one link back to this discussion page in your blog post so your readers can learn more about what prompted your post.
5. Log on to your Twitter account, www.twitter.com, and tweet a link to your blog posting and include the #CannedFoodRecipes
6. Return to www.TwitterMoms.com and post a comment on this discussion page in the comments section below, including an active link to your qualifying blog post and a link to your Twitter tweet.
Get Widget Here
No purchase required to enter. You must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, have a personal blog and be a registered user of the www.twittermoms.com and www.twitter.com websites to enter and at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry. To claim the grocery store gift card, the winners must sign a W-9 form. Please email CannedFoodAlliance@ketchum.com and provide your name and mailing address for prize delivery. The blogging contest official starts at 12am PST, February 23rd, and the blogging contest officially ends March 9, 2010 at 11:59 PM ET. The winners will be contacted on or about March 15, 2010.
About Canned Food Alliance
The Canned Food Alliance is a partnership of the American Iron and Steel Institute’s Steel Packaging Council, the Can Manufacturers Institute, select food processors and affiliate members. The CFA serves as a resource for information on the nutrition, convenience, contemporary appeal and versatility of canned food. The CFA is a proud supporter of the Produce for Better Health Foundation and the Fruits and Veggies More Matters program. For hundreds of mealtime solutions, visit www.mealtime.org.
Replies are closed for this discussion.