THANK YOU EVERYONE! We have reached our quota of 100 posts. We are reviewing current submissions to make sure they are qualified. You will be notified via email if you were one of the qualifying participants. Thanks for participating! Even if you are not in the first 100 submissions, you are welcome to continue submitting your posts, and we will share all of them with the team at Coca-Cola.
Coke® is a classic, all-American beverage that always stirs up memories of good times with family and friends no matter where you’re from. These kinds of memories are the glue that bring families and communities together. So let’s use those memories to inspire your culinary creativity to share a classic family recipe or fond family memory that involved Coca-Cola and mealtime.
SocialMoms and Coca-Cola® have teamed up to introduce a new blogging program that invites you and your readers to share a classic family recipe or fond family memory inspired by memories of Coca-Cola and mealtime. We’re looking forward to all your creative ideas and inspirational posts, which may be featured on www.cookingwithcoke.com! If you need more culinary inspiration, check out these thought starters here. If you’ve got a great Coke story or memory from family mealtimes past, include it in your post or focus on that. We want to hear your classic family recipes and memories!
We're looking for quality over speed, so please read on.
Share a classic recipe or Coke-inspired family mealtime memory in a thoughtful, original essay post of at least 400 original words. Your recipes and stories may be featured on Coke’s website: www.cookingwithcoke.com.
How it works:
We are looking for one hundred creative, original and authentic submissions of high quality. Create an original post on your blog, in 400 words or more (using your own words), about a classic family recipe or a fond family mealtime memory inspired by Coke. Include a thoughtful introduction, original content within the body of your post, and a conclusion. Check your spelling and your grammar. You must also include the disclosure statement below in your post and install the campaign widget in the sidebar of your blog. Then follow the rest of the requirements below. We will review every post and select the first 100 qualifying submissions to receive a $25 Target gift card!
Highlights from your posts, tweets and tips will be collected and featured on http://familyclassics.socialmoms.com, and distributed across the web for all to see. The blogging program starts on April 6, 2011 and the submission window closes at 11:59pm PST on May 5, 2011. We will contact the qualifying bloggers on or about May 12, 2011. Full terms and conditions are posted for your review at http://familyclassics.socialmoms.com/terms.
Rewards for Participating:
The first 100 qualifying participants will receive a $25 Target gift card! See Terms and Conditions.
1. We are looking for 100 creative and original submissions. Create a post of 400 words or more on your blog, using your own words to describe a classic family recipe that includes Coke as an ingredient. Include an introduction and conclusion in addition to the main body of your essay. Don’t forget to check spelling and grammar.
2. Install the campaign widget in the side bar of your blog.
Get Widget Here
3. Log on to your Twitter account, www.twitter.com, tweet a link to your blog post and include the hashtag #FamilyClassics.
4. Return to the Coca-Cola® - Family Classics discussion page on www.SocialMoms.com and post a comment page in the comments section on this discussion with an active link to your blog post and a direct link to your Twitter tweet.
Blog Post Submissions Must:
1. Include the following disclosure statement: “I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Coca-Cola® blogging program. If I am one of the first 100 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 gift card. For more information on the program, click here." (Make sure you link back to the discussion page:http://familyclassics.socialmoms.com/about)
2. Consist of appropriate content. Submissions containing false, misleading, defamatory, plagiarized, obscene or profane content will be rejected.
3. Not in any way infringe upon, violate, interfere with, or in any way undermine the rights of any third party. Such third party rights include, but are not limited to, intellectual property rights and rights of privacy, name and likeness.
4. Not constitute any form of conflict-of-interest or other deceptive trade practice.
5. Not constitute the unauthorized practice of medicine.
6. Comply in full with all relevant laws, regulations and guidelines relevant to blogging.
Completed submissions must be posted in compliance with these directions between April 13, 2011 and 11:59 pm PST on May 12, 2011. The bloggers that submit the first 100 compliant blog submissions, which are received by SocialMoms.com during the submission period, will receive a $25 Target gift card. Noncompliant posts will be rejected. On or about May 19, 2011, SocialMoms will notify these first 100 bloggers acknowledging acceptance of these blog posts. SocialMoms will not contact the bloggers of submissions received after the first 100 compliant blog submissions.
No purchase required to participate. You must be a legal resident of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, have a personal blog and be a registered user of the www.socialmoms.com and www.twitter.com websites to participate and at least 18 years of age or older at time of submission. See Terms and Conditions. Please see SocialMoms FAQs for more information on blogging programs.
Created in Atlanta, Georgia, by Dr. John S. Pemberton, Coca-Cola was first offered as a fountain beverage by mixing Coca-Cola syrup with carbonated water. Coca-Cola was introduced in 1886, patented in 1887, registered as a trademark in 1893 and by 1895 it was being sold in every state and territory in the United States. In 1899, The Coca-Cola Company began franchised bottling operations in the United States.
More info: www.cookingwithcoke.com
Join Coca-Cola® on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cocacola
Join Coca-Cola® on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cocacola
all inclusive widget installed
Did I mention how much I love Coca-Cola! YUM!! =)
Hash tag: Yes
400 words = Yes
Widget = Permanent, right side bar
Thanks for another great opportunity.
Rotating Widget on side-bar
Widget: rotating sidebar
Thanks Social Moms and Coke!
Aww, great topic!
And here's my tweet: http://twitter.com/#!/summerflood/status/58232014683377664
Thank you :)
Thank you for the opportunity!
Wow! What a subject:) One of our family discussions many times.
Disclosure is at the bottom and over 400 words.
I have the rotating widget installed in sidebar.
Here is my blog post: Classic Coke Memory!
And my Tweet: http://twitter.com/#!/Pilgrim86/status/58235880070070273
Widget is on sidebar, and disclosure is at bottom of post. Thanks so much!
Thanks Social Moms
Here is my post
and my tweet
and I have the rotation widget installed.