I usually don't have time to sit around and watch TV because I am so busy with my girls. But today, I was tired and had been lying and reading to my daughter while she was resting. She got up to play and I flipped on the TV right as Dr. Phil was coming on. He is undertaking a campaign to raise awareness and stop domestic violence in our country. Every 15 seconds in America, a woman is abused! There are warning signs of domestic violence, but many women don't know how to recognize them.

Please take a few minutes and watch today's episode at DrPhil.com and sign the pledge to break the silence and end domestic violence in our country. Even if you are not in an abusive situation, please watch this and learn the facts so you can help other women. If you are a mother of boys, it is also important that you watch this so you know how to raise your sons to understand what abuse is as many of these abusers don't recognize their behaviors as abusive.

Dr. Phil is also encouraging people to support legislation that protects victims. You can print and sign this letter drafted by Congresswoman Gwen Moore and send to your Representative in support of the reauthorization of the Family Violence and Protection Services Act (FVPSA), which keeps domestic shelters open and provides advocacy, counseling and legal services for families in need.

Please share this information with everyone you know.

www.ann-crabs.blogspot.com

Tags: abuse, domestic, violence

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a great cause. A few months ago a woman in the next town over went missing and a few days later her body was found. It's a horribly sad story. Nobody has the right to put their hands on another human being in such a way, and nobody deserves to have it happen to them. People need to know that if they are in an abusive relationships that they need to seek help and have nothing to be embarrassed about.
Domestic violence is way too common. As women, we need to take a stand. One thing we can do is increase awareness of it and also, ask our friends about their relationships.

Vanessa said:
This is a great cause. A few months ago a woman in the next town over went missing and a few days later her body was found. It's a horribly sad story. Nobody has the right to put their hands on another human being in such a way, and nobody deserves to have it happen to them. People need to know that if they are in an abusive relationships that they need to seek help and have nothing to be embarrassed about.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Elizabeth Sagarminaga left a comment for Little House Tips
58 minutes ago
Shana Dieli commented on Barbara's group Contests
6 hours ago
Author Anna del C. Dye posted a status
"There was absolutely no way a black dragon hovered outside of Newtimber. Newtimber Fractured Tour, a book by Karen Hoover http://j.mp/cGqiVj"
8 hours ago
Myai Brown commented on Myai Brown's blog post Best Selling Page Turners For 2014
11 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Megan Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service