I’ve been trying to convince myself that my morning coffee was enough to rejuvenate me and keep mom going. Even though I crash at about 3:00 p.m. and I try it again the next morning. But I got a great rejuvenator from our mini-vacation this weekend.

I took the kids to Mt. San Jacinto near Palm Springs. The tram ride to the top was only $20 for adults (cheaper for kids). The weather was great; sunny, 42 degrees and plenty of beautiful white snow. We spent the day hiking, had a snowball fight, and a sled race. It was a blast! I woke up the next day and re-dedicated myself to “Magnificent Mom” and more “mini-rejuvenation” vacations.

Any suggestions for min-rejuvenation vacations?

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We busy moms have to find ways to rejuvenate, at least 30 minutes a day :-)

Missy said:
hello,
I go tanning for 12 minutes that's my vacation 2-3 times a week.
I go to our local skin care school and enjoy 2 facials a month, they usually include a facial, arm, leg and foot massage - total of about 60-75 minutes. I have become more frugal being at home, it does not cost nearly the amount I used to pay in the spa and is still a small get-a-way for me. We also have a massage school that is wonderful and I try to get in 1 massage a month.

On a daily basis, my husband baths our son and I just.....sit. I sit with a cup of tea and just be still..it is usually at least 20-30 minutes a night. Once he is put down, I return and do the clean up and off to bed for me!

Hope this helps a bit...

Cheers!

Jessica
I do lots of stuff - daily meditation (even for just 2 minutes), try to take a long bath once a week, exercise does wonders for me. One of the best things I've done recently is sign up for a group coaching class for busy moms that is based on self-nurture. It's been really great.
Hi Candice,

Tell me more about the Group Coaching Class for busy moms.

Candice Aiston said:
I do lots of stuff - daily meditation (even for just 2 minutes), try to take a long bath once a week, exercise does wonders for me. One of the best things I've done recently is sign up for a group coaching class for busy moms that is based on self-nurture. It's been really great.
I'm prettty frugal too (especially with all this economy talk). There's a beauty school nearby so my daughter and I will try it. Thanks a bunch :-)

Jessica said:
I go to our local skin care school and enjoy 2 facials a month, they usually include a facial, arm, leg and foot massage - total of about 60-75 minutes. I have become more frugal being at home, it does not cost nearly the amount I used to pay in the spa and is still a small get-a-way for me. We also have a massage school that is wonderful and I try to get in 1 massage a month.

On a daily basis, my husband baths our son and I just.....sit. I sit with a cup of tea and just be still..it is usually at least 20-30 minutes a night. Once he is put down, I return and do the clean up and off to bed for me!

Hope this helps a bit...

Cheers!

Jessica
Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to respond to this! I guess I'm not that great at keeping up when I join a discussion! The class I take is local (Portland), by Coach Savannah, of Nurture Life Coaching - http://www.nurturelifecoaching.com/. It's really great. We meet once a month and go over new materials that Savannah has prepared for us. We basically are reflecting on nurturing ourselves, which gives us more energy to give. The class is great and being around other working Moms is really cool too.

-Candice

solomompreneur said:
Hi Candice,

Tell me more about the Group Coaching Class for busy moms.

Candice Aiston said:
I do lots of stuff - daily meditation (even for just 2 minutes), try to take a long bath once a week, exercise does wonders for me. One of the best things I've done recently is sign up for a group coaching class for busy moms that is based on self-nurture. It's been really great.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

 

 

 

© 2014   Created by Megan Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service