I have two little boys 4 and 1.5. My husband on a weekly basis says he wants another child. I really don't think I do. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. A diaper free life would be amazing. Not to mention I look forward to family trips (which are out of the question right now.)
My husband is adopted and does not know his birth parents. Because of this he has a huge want to create a blood line of his own. I hate being pregnant, I go crazy and am miserable for 9 months. I tell him all the time I am done having children, he seems to think I will change my mind. What would you do or say to your husband?

Tags: baby, pregnant

Views: 2309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sit down and do the calculations for college. After that sobering number crunching my husband and I decided that no matter how much we wanted a larger family that it didn't make sense. If the desire persists, one option would be to agree to pay for one college plan before re-initiating the baby conversation. The plan in our state is 20K. Not exactly a drop in the bucket.

Counseling might also be a consideration. Wishing you well!
Hi there, hang in... maybe being pregnant the third time won't be so bad. I was sick with second pregnancy and totally fine with the first. It's funny, I think I want another baby but my husband does not want one. My kids are 3 and 5, so I see the light now, but did not until my youngest was about 2 or 2 1/2.
I suggest you maybe think about adopting yourself. That way you can skip the pregnancy.

I have 2 boys 3,5 and 5 and if I would have been younger I would have loved to have a 3rd child.
Adopting over 40 is not possible in Germany and we are happy to have 2 healthy kids.
My husband would have loved a daughter as well though....

Good luck. It's a difficult situation for both of you.
I keep my fingers crossed.
Manuëlle
If you know anyone that has a newborn, and they will let you take care of the baby for a weekend, have you husband stay home and remember how it is to have a new baby in the house. Although, if I did this, I guess it would not help. My husband didn't really get involved in the day to day activities of a newborn. If your husband is not as helpful as you like, don't put yourself through it unless you really want that too. That is a resentment waiting to happen.
I have the opposite problem as well. I loved being pregnant and would love to have 3-4 kids, but hubby says no. Maybe if you let your hubby spend an uninterrupted 48 hours with the boys he would sing a different tune? 18 months is still young and the oncoming twos are no picnic, maybe revisit the topic in a year? The older one will be in school and the younger one will be out of diapers. Maybe by then you'll change your tune.
do it, you're only young once...when you are old you will have more chances to have someone to take good care of you :)
Ruthie
My husband wanted more children too. We have3. My oldest is not biologically his but he has been in her life since she was 2. Getting back to the question-----My husband wanted more but my last pregnancy was rough for me. I told him that I did not want anymore because physically I can't do it-that still didn't change his mind until we went into surgury. My tubes were clipped after I gave birth. My husband and I talked about it and we have considered adoption.

Talk to your husband about adopting maybe he will be willing to give a loving home to a child that need it. He of all people should know how rewarding it can and will be.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

khushi posted a status
"Watch Captain America 2 Online http://cyberload.net/mc/index.php?topic=145898.0"
23 minutes ago
khushi posted a status
"Watch Heaven Is for Real Online…"
24 minutes ago
khushi posted a status
25 minutes ago
khushi posted a status
26 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Megan Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service