Help: Any Disney or Princesses that Wore Glasses?

BabyGirl got her first pair of glasses yesterday and just came in looking very sad, I asked what was wrong and she replied:

"I can't be a princess anymore mom. There were no princesses that wore glasses, Cinderella never wore them."

I can tell this really meant something to her and the simple that's okay is not going to make this better. Anyone know of a Disney or a Princess or maybe an actress that played a Princess that wore one? Thank you all, she just turned 6 this last weekend.

Tags: 1st, disney, glasses, princess, princesses, wear

Views: 2130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like your mind...

Michelle Hutchison said:
I know this is long shot and it depends on your child and your ability to be convincing. Could you tell her that ??? princess actually does wear glasses, but just not in the movies. Children believe these characters to be real so you could tell her that when Cinderella is home with the prince she always wears her glasses. If you are clever with photo shop (or know some one who is) then you could put glasses on the princess you choose and show your daughter. Far fetched I know, but could work.
Your comment touched my heart and I went looking on the internet to help!!! (I have a boy - so anything remotely pink or princess is out of the question.)

I found Princess Peepers - about a princess that loves to wear her glasses... and illustration of her is very cute.
http://www.pamcalvert.com/princess_peepers

I hope this helps.

My little girl is feeling the same way. She is 5 and getting her first pair of glasses next week. She said when trying them on "but I'm much prettier without them".  And "princesses don't wear glasses".  We have read the Princess Peepers book before but I think I might borrow it from the library again. I was also thinking about buying a copy and donating it to her kindergarten glass that she will soon be starting. My big fear is that she will be teased at school. :( 

I would emphasize that being a princess is more than just looks.  My daughter wears glasses too and that was never an issue for us....I don't know why.
She won't be teased, as there will probably be quite a few kids wearing glasses. It's very common now.

Amanda Knight said:

My little girl is feeling the same way. She is 5 and getting her first pair of glasses next week. She said when trying them on "but I'm much prettier without them".  And "princesses don't wear glasses".  We have read the Princess Peepers book before but I think I might borrow it from the library again. I was also thinking about buying a copy and donating it to her kindergarten glass that she will soon be starting. My big fear is that she will be teased at school. :( 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconKathy Fisch, annann, Andrea Lindal and 1 more joined Social Moms: the influential moms network
1 hour ago
Megan Calhoun's event was featured
Thumbnail

#eBayMom Twitter Party at Twitter: #eBayMom

April 30, 2014 from 4pm to 5pm
1 hour ago
Profile IconMarcie Parrish, Angela McKinney, MommyBlogExpert and 46 other members are attending Megan Calhoun's event
Thumbnail

#eBayMom Twitter Party at Twitter: #eBayMom

April 30, 2014 from 4pm to 5pm
4 hours ago
Cheryl posted a status
"Looking forward to connecting with more moms. I love healthy talk!"
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Megan Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service