Buying gifts can be stressful but it doesn’t have to be. If you’re looking for a gift people really want, pick up a gift card. According to a study by the National Retail Federation, they’re the gift of choice over clothing, consumer electronics and jewelry. In addition, they never have to be returned and are convenient to buy at the grocery store.
When shopping, we want more bang for our buck and quick and convenient options. Gift cards are the perfect gift for anyone - teachers, family members, friends and colleagues. There are so many ways you can save using gift cards while having fun giving and receiving them! By being a savvy shopper, you can reap the rewards when buying gift cards for others, plus you can buy gift cards for your own large purchases for big savings. Check out your local grocery store for details and information on specific promotions.
We’ve teamed up with our friends at www.giftcardsrock.com
on a fun blogging program asking you to share why you love to give and receive gift cards along with creative tips for giving gift cards to the friends and family.
What type of gift cards do you like to receive? What’s your favorite gift card to give a friend? Have you ever had any perks come with a gift card purchase? What’s the best gift you ever bought yourself with a gift card?
Here are a few great ways gift cards can help you:
- Save at the pump – Consumers can earn significant fuel discounts when buying gift cards in grocery stores nationwide through fuel savings programs.
- Earn rewards - Many grocery stores offer rewards on your next shopping trip when purchasing gift cards.
- Save time - one of the most precious savings of all is your time. Gift cards are available at your grocery store offering a one-stop shopping experience with hundreds of top brands all in one place.
We can’t wait to hear all your reasons for why gift cards make a great gift idea and why you have enjoyed receiving and giving gift cards in the past. We're looking for quality over speed, so please read on.
We are looking for seventy-five
creative, original and authentic blog submissions of high quality. Create an original post on your blog, in 400 words or more,
telling us about your passion for gift cards and creative ways for gifting gift cards. Share your past experiences of giving and receiving gift cards and why you think gift cards are a great gift.
When you are looking for a last-minute gift you know the recipient will love, why are gift cards a great option? Include a thoughtful introduction, original content within the body of your post, and a conclusion. Check your spelling and grammar. You must also include the disclosure statement that is below in your post and install the Facebook Like Box in your post. Then follow the rest of the requirements below. We will review every post and the first 75 qualifying submissions will receive 6,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points!
The blogging program starts on December 21, 2011 and the submission window closes at 11:59pm PST on January 20, 2012. We will contact the qualifying bloggers on or about January 27, 2012. Full terms and conditions are posted for your review at http://bit.ly/sMfSnb
If you have any questions, please email Alysha Pascua directly at email@example.com. Rewards for Participating:
The first 75 qualifying participants will receive 6,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points! See Terms and Conditions
To participate, we ask that you:
- Create an original blog post on your blog, in 400 words or more, telling us about "Your passion for gift cards and creative ways to give them." Please include a thoughtful introduction and conclusion in addition to the main body of your essay. Give it plenty of thought, and include content that your readers would like to hear about and can connect with! Short or poorly written posts will not be accepted. Copying and pasting does not count. Blank posts submitted to create a blog link on the discussion page will be disqualified. Don't copy another blogger's post or ideas. Plagiarism is grounds for immediate disqualification.
- Participants must include the following disclosure as a footnote of their post:
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Gift Cards Rock blogging program, for 6,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. For more information on how you can participate, click here.” (make sure you link to http://www.socialmoms.net/forum/topics/gift-cards-rock)
- Install the “Like” Box on your blog post
Grab the Like Box Code Here
- Log on to your Twitter account, www.twitter.com, and send a tweet including a link to your blog post with the hashtag #GiftCardsRock.
- Return to http://www.socialmoms.net/forum/topics/gift-cards-rock and post a comment on this discussion page in the comments section below, including an active link to your blog post and a direct link to your Twitter tweet. (You can click on the date/time link below your tweet to get the direct link to your tweet.)