Do you find that you are more or less interested in this Presidential Election than in previous years?

I'm extremely curious about how you ~twittermoms~ feel about this Presidential Election? Are you more interested in watching the debates? Do you think these are worthy candidates? Are you more concerned about the outcome? Are you feeling as if more people around you care more or have more to say about who should be elected?
Here's your chance to share your thoughts and feelings...

Tags: Elections, Politics

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunately, I have never been inclined to politics; I have always despised them. If it has to do with politics I typically always stay distanced. This year, especially more than others for some reason or another. I can't really put a finger on it, but I am absolutely disgusted by the turns that our government has taken in the past years.
I care more than other years about the outcome of the election. We have two different, completely opposing solutions to current economic issues which will most certainly alter our quality of life in the near future. I will never devalue an individual by saying they aren't worthy, just that ideas and solutions may mot be appropriate in these current conditions. It sure are exciting times, though. Maybe nervous times, but very exciting, nonetheless. Because of such differences in candidates believe systems and even personalities, people's reactions appear to be much stronger then at any other time. The last time I can remember anything like this, it was about John Kennedy being qualified because he was Catholic. Those days look like children's parties compared to what people say and do these days.
Astrid,
It's interesting that you made the comparison with Kennedy... we had a similar discussion at my parents house over the last weekend. I think I agree with you on these being nervous times & yes exciting too! It will certainly be an interesting time ahead for us. Either way.
Thanks for sharing!

Astrid Nicole said:
I care more than other years about the outcome of the election. We have two different, completely opposing solutions to current economic issues which will most certainly alter our quality of life in the near future. I will never devalue an individual by saying they aren't worthy, just that ideas and solutions may mot be appropriate in these current conditions. It sure are exciting times, though. Maybe nervous times, but very exciting, nonetheless. Because of such differences in candidates believe systems and even personalities, people's reactions appear to be much stronger then at any other time. The last time I can remember anything like this, it was about John Kennedy being qualified because he was Catholic. Those days look like children's parties compared to what people say and do these days.
Barbara,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! It feels the same to me, in that more people seem to care ~passionately~ about the election. Good for you to get involved in your local area! For the first time since I've been living in this smallish town (nearly 10 yrs) we have a party headquarters on the main downtown road. Seems to me a sign that people are vested in the outcome of this election and getting more involved in promoting, educating.

Barbara Forbes-Lyons said:
I am definitely more interested in this year's election that I have been in previous years. I'd say that's true of most of my friends, online and IRL. In fact, I attended my first ever political gathering two weeks ago and this Sunday I'm going to the local office for my candidate and doing some data-entry for them. At least two of my good friends are coming with me.

For many reasons, I feel there is more to lose (and gain) for me and America this year.

Barbara

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

© 2014   Created by Megan Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service